IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Striking Sililarity between Hell and Black Hole  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Striking Sililarity between Hell and Black Hole

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISLAM HASHTAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2015 at 2:29am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Can someone please tell me exactly where hell is referred to as "narul hamea", i.e. a black hole? I can't find it in the Quran, if that's what you mean.

Narul hamea is Mentioned in surah 101:11
Surah Al Qariah

101|9|His home is the Hawiyah-Pit ie hell.
10 وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا هِيَهْ
101|10|Do you know what it is?
11 نَارٌ حَامِيَةٌ
101|11|A Fiercely Raging Fire.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2015 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by ISLAM HASHTAG ISLAM HASHTAG wrote:

Can someone please tell me exactly where hell is referred to as "narul hamea", i.e. a black hole? I can't find it in the Quran, if that's what you mean.

Your own source translates it as "a fiercely raging fire". Corpus Quran renders it as "narun hamiyatun", or "a fire intensely hot".

How do you get "black hole" out of that?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Quote You too seems like to ignore my argument without realizing that the
concept of �Soul� is only with the faithful and not the atheists. Thus,
with this concept of �Soul� comes the concept of �God�, a divine entity
with unlimited powers, by definition. So what is �hard time� and how
does it make difference to the creatures like us? All irrelevant.
<span style="font-size:10px">Well, yes, if there is a supremly all powerful God then he can do what he wants to. Why would he use a real physical thing to do that though? Especially a black hole which is very tricky to do anything with.And why has my text gone small?</span>

I guess everything that God does is very real and physical. Only the humans have to cope up (of course through science) to make them perceivable. These Black Holes that we now know them somehow, were there since long, but the human perception is taking time to explore them.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 2:20am

Originally posted by ISLAM HASHTAG ISLAM HASHTAG wrote:

Your own source translates it as "a fiercely raging fire". Corpus Quran renders it as "narun hamiyatun", or "a fire intensely hot".

How do you get "black hole" out of that?

I don't know, the description of a ring of intense fire is fairly decent for a black hole that has stuff falling into it.

Very, very intense fire that is the atoms being striped of their electrons and then being smahed into radiation.... very, very hot.

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 8:23am
Quote AhmadJoya
This is you who has to tell which system you used to bring Thermodynamic analysis here. As for my questions, they are valid for any system that you pick. The example of black body radiation again is valid only if you make the assumption No 1
Energy conservation is one of the most fundamental laws of physics and there are thousands of experiments showing it. Assuming a closed Universe there will no in- (or out-)flux of energy. So I don't see any reason why energy conservation should all of a sudden not be valid anymore.
I also don't see why you need assumption 1 ("There is no external source of energy") for black body radiation to exist, can you explain ?

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 05 December 2015 at 8:26am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

Energy conservation is one of the most fundamental laws of physics and there are thousands of experiments showing it. Assuming a closed Universe there will no in- (or out-)flux of energy. So I don't see any reason why energy conservation should all of a sudden not be valid anymore.
No, I didn�t say Energy Conservation should not be valid.
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

I also don't see why you need assumption 1 ("There is no external source of energy") for black body radiation to exist, can you explain ?
I didn�t say it for black body radiation to exist. All I said that only if you assume there is no other external energy source only then you can conclude that:-
�Thus, hell hotter than heaven is (in the long run) in conflict with the second law of thermodynamics.
This implies that the difference between heaven and hell will fade over time and both will have to become indistinguishable.�

However, you would realize that if there is an external energy source which keeps on feeding the hotter hell at a steady rate, the system can remain in an equilibrium without violating the Energy Conservation. This situation resembles those of stable and in equilibrium Black Holes in nature.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic