IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is using grocery coupons Halal?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is using grocery coupons Halal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

I used this sarcasm to point out that we spend way too much time debating very small things and whether they are haram or not. Meanwhile the world is in shambles and women and children are really suffering all over. I wish people would get the big picture and stop focusing on minute small things that make being muslim harder and harder, and more complicated than ever. Lets talk about what we can do, what is good for a change. Like treating your wife kindly, being a good neighbor, giving your child a good education. It seems people here have little interest in those topics that are mentioned over and over in the Quran. Peace

Bismillah,

Ameen!

Argh enough! Lets close this Thread. By the way sister Jenni, I use the savings I get from coupons and send it to Small Kindness, the organization that helps Muslim orphans and widows, that is why I asked!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 7:57pm
Sister Maryah, its ok for you to ask.....Many Muslims have already asked this question numerous times to many scholars! It just shows that you fear Allah....
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 11:15am

amah, I guess those of us who want to do what is good and metioned in the Quran like being a good neighbor, parent and citizen don't fear Allah then. Hmmm

You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 12:06pm

amah, I guess those of us who want to do what is good and metioned in the Quran like being a good neighbor, parent and citizen don't fear Allah then. Hmmm

Assalamu Alaikum Sisters:

I would say that since it is written in the Quran, you already know you need to do it , so you wouldn't have to ask. Just following what is written would be enough to show you fear Allah(SWT).

Salaams

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 7:13pm

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 7:28pm

Assalamu Alaikum Sister Maryah:

As a new Muslimah just ask whatever you want to. I know I did, and still do.  I made my Muslim friends crazy.    But if you don't ask, how will you know? There is no question that is too silly if you don't know the answer.

I remember asking how to fasten my hijab correctly, bathroom questions, just questions about everything and anything. I had to ask, I wasn't married to a Muslim and was starting out from scratch. It was all new to me, and I couldn't read fast enough to keep up with all of the questions. Besides, some of the stuff you want to know isn't written down in easily accessible books.

So, don't be shy or discouraged, just keep asking and someone will answer you..

Salaams.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum Sister Maryah:

As a new Muslimah just ask whatever you want to. I know I did, and still do.  I made my Muslim friends crazy.    But if you don't ask, how will you know? There is no question that is too silly if you don't know the answer.

I remember asking how to fasten my hijab correctly, bathroom questions, just questions about everything and anything. I had to ask, I wasn't married to a Muslim and was starting out from scratch. It was all new to me, and I couldn't read fast enough to keep up with all of the questions. Besides, some of the stuff you want to know isn't written down in easily accessible books.

So, don't be shy or discouraged, just keep asking and someone will answer you..

Salaams.

Thanks sis Mishmish!

And sorry to sr Jenni if I was harsh..but I found some posts grumpy.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 9:19am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Sister Maryah, I agree with what Sister Mishmish has said. Please ask questions until it becomes absolutely clear to you. And I pray to Allah that we succeed to answer your questions in the best possible way to avoid any confusion.

Jazak Allah Khair.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic