IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - chastity, virginity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

chastity, virginity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 9:58am
It is better to not post something if you do not have reference or are in doubt!

Jazakallahkhair
wassalaam....
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 11:16am

I agree that you are often asked about it NOT for health but for chastity reasons.

I recently read a long piece in Newsweek regarding AIDS as it has been around 25 years. It covered many aspects of the disease.

One thing that struck me was that 80% of women are getting AIDS from their one parter/spouse. The husband is doing hanky-panky on the side. And bringing home the disease. And of course we know in many cultures the women don't have much choice to divorce, refuse sex, tell you spouse to sue a condom etc.  They are no close to developing a cream that women can use that will prevent the transmission. This way a woman can protect herself (and any future kids) without relying upon getting their spouse / partner to use a condom or risk upsetting the whole thing by addressing behavior.

It is a good idea to ask questions in this day and age.... ignorance can be deadly..

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 1:08pm

layoff the crack slaman

Edited by amah
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 12:58am
Post deleted as per salman's request.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:54am

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Post deleted as per salman's request.

As Salamu Alaykum,

I can't believe my eyes!!!,Sister Amah values the request of a user,sorry is it real?...we are users how can we make worth to be considered?,after four years passed or not? or a new one?,we have not got apolets,...Dear Amah,are you serious on your decision?,please recheck it...thx in advance...

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 7:11am
salman what are you? ahmadi?

comming up with wierd hadits?
umsami View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umsami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

I recently read a long piece in Newsweek regarding AIDS as it has been around 25 years. It covered many aspects of the disease.

One thing that struck me was that 80% of women are getting AIDS from their one parter/spouse. The husband is doing hanky-panky on the side. And bringing home the disease. And of course we know in many cultures the women don't have much choice to divorce, refuse sex, tell you spouse to sue a condom etc. 

Another issue is that in some countries and cultures, homosexuality is viewed as such a sin, that people are in the closet about it.  Men who are gay marry regardless... and then if they fool around... their wives (and children) suffer.  In the African-American community, they use the term on the "down low." 

I think because of AIDS there needs to be a real discussion in Muslim communities about homosexuality.  Saying it is a sin doesn't really solve the problem these days.  Men (and women) who think they may be gay, or have those attractions, need to be told that it is wrong for them to marry and put their innocent partners at risk.  They need to be taught AIDS prevention tactics.  Silence is deadly.  And yes, I'd even be OK with telling gay men and women that they need to avoid being alone with the same sex, unless chaparoned... and that if they choose to find a partner, they need to limit it to one (such as with a marriage).

Peace.

Edited by umsami
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by umsami umsami wrote:

Another issue is that in some countries and cultures, homosexuality is viewed as such a sin, that people are in the closet about it.  Men who are gay marry regardless... and then if they fool around... their wives (and children) suffer.  In the African-American community, they use the term on the "down low." 

I think because of AIDS there needs to be a real discussion in Muslim communities about homosexuality.  Saying it is a sin doesn't really solve the problem these days.  Men (and women) who think they may be gay, or have those attractions, need to be told that it is wrong for them to marry and put their innocent partners at risk.  They need to be taught AIDS prevention tactics.  Silence is deadly.  And yes, I'd even be OK with telling gay men and women that they need to avoid being alone with the same sex, unless chaparoned... and that if they choose to find a partner, they need to limit it to one (such as with a marriage).

Peace.

AIDS is not just a Homosexual disease.  This is the greatest and deadliest myth surrounding AIDS.  You can get AIDS from Heterosexual partners and its spreading quickest among heterosexual blacks.  The Homosexual community is aware of the disease, but its the Heterosexuals that aren't learning the lessons.

AIDS can be spread through unclean hospitals, blood transfusions.  By sex, through prostitutes, promiscious liasons and by birth.  Drug needles are another risk factor.

People need to be educated about ALL THE RISK FACTORS and people need to stop blaming the Gay community.  The disease originated out of tainted Monkey meat in the Congo......the first cases weren't even from sex.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic