IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fascinating Womanhood  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fascinating Womanhood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 9:22pm

She needs to help yes just like I help. I believe in 50-50 responsibility I don't believe a man "takes care of his wife" I don't believe in the patriarchal structures of marriage as practiced in many muslim countries. I believe in a woman's independence not only at home but in the working world. I will be just as helpful around the house and at work as she is. I will not allow the load to shift one way or the other. I strictly believe in 50-50 share the load mentality.

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

She needs to help yes just like I help. I believe in 50-50 responsibility I don't believe a man "takes care of his wife" I don't believe in the patriarchal structures of marriage as practiced in many muslim countries. I believe in a woman's independence not only at home but in the working world. I will be just as helpful around the house and at work as she is. I will not allow the load to shift one way or the other. I strictly believe in 50-50 share the load mentality.

Are you gonna be pregnant for 50% of the time?
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 12:04am
Well, there are men who psychologically share effects of birth with their spouses such as (morning sickness etc). Mentally not physically I will share in the responsibility of going through the pregnancy because I want to not because its a "male chore." i think its important that to understood motherhood the father need to be there with his wife every step of the way to ensure the path to life for the child to be is righteous and not hindered. So, to answer your question yes.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 2:45am

Are you gonna be pregnant for 50% of the time?

LOL

No offence Israfil ! Smile

Edited by Chrysalis - 14 July 2008 at 2:46am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic