IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FMG  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFMG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Well my dear brother Begbie, I didn't say "why" you quoted Sheikh Qardawi but incorrectly quoted him. Kindly go back and read my objection again and verify.�
No, qaradawi is quoted correctly.

Again, you misunderstood the whole reply of mine and same you�are doing to the personal opinon of Sheikh Qardawi.
I understand perfectly what qaradawi is saying.

I don't blame the Sheikh, but the website which is promolgating the personal opinons without qualification despite the fact that they know that the issue is "controversial" and yet forwarding a biased "personal" opinon in favour of one side without the other.
So if qaradawi was to publish his opinions in a pamphlet or shout them from the rooftops, who would you blame then ?

As I said before, its more of a cultural influence than anything else, simply because there is not authentic source for his "official" opinon, though the website is blamed for advertising such an image.
So lets say a muslim convert living in Cornwall, England reads qaradawis "opinion" and decides to take action based on that opinion, how does culture fit it now ?

The website is to be blamed for this issue.
That makes no sense. Did the website influence qarardawi at all before he came to this opinion ?

This is off the topic, and hence can't comment.
Fair enough.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 9:39am

Originally posted by Begbie Begbie wrote:

Well my dear brother Begbie, I didn't say "why" you quoted Sheikh Qardawi but incorrectly quoted him. Kindly go back and read my objection again and verify. 
No, qaradawi is quoted correctly.

This is what I call wastage of time simply because people forget what they wrote and don't want to reconcile if they err. Kindly show us where did Sheikh Qardawi says "It is Shariah" as what you told us concerning him?

As I said before, its more of a cultural influence than anything else, simply because there is not authentic source for his "official" opinon, though the website is blamed for advertising such an image.
So lets say a muslim convert living in Cornwall, England reads qaradawis "opinion" and decides to take action based on that opinion, how does culture fit it now ?

This is again an hypothetical reasoning without understanding as what the impression is about this issue. Even so with the "personal" opinon of Shiekh, it is clearly an optional thing for those who don't want to go for it.

Maryga View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 6:34pm

This is again an hypothetical reasoning without understanding as what the impression is about this issue. Even so with the "personal" opinon of Shiekh, it is clearly an optional thing for those who don't want to go for it.

Assalamalaikum AhmadJoyia, Ramadan Mubarak! May Allah guide eveyone of us to the right path. I have read many of your posts and have respect for the patience with which you handle every query/debate. I have no intention of causing any rift between anyone, but I could'nt help responding to what you have written only because in my view this practise is abhorrent and who are we to correct God's creation. Allah has created us in the most perfect mould and when nowhere in the Quran or hadith this practise is mentioned why do people torture others by this inhuman practise. People of respectable standing or so called scholars should be very careful in mentioning their personal opinions in public. Ignorant people value the opinions of the "shiekhs" or "scholars" and will happily put it into practise at the expense of the innocent and the weak/helpless. There would be no confusion in the minds of the people if scholars withheld their personal opinions and spoke only of what is clear and unambiguous in Islam.

ZEA J View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 10:01pm
Is  he the same "scholar"who said it is ok for muslim women in UK to leave their homes whithout hijab to avoid harasement,after the london bomb attack?
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Maryga Maryga wrote:

Assalamalaikum AhmadJoyia, Ramadan Mubarak! May Allah guide eveyone of us to the right path. I have read many of your posts and have respect for the patience with which you handle every query/debate. I have no intention of causing any rift between anyone, but I could'nt help responding to what you have written only because in my view this practise is abhorrent and who are we to correct God's creation. Allah has created us in the most perfect mould and when nowhere in the Quran or hadith this practise is mentioned why do people torture others by this inhuman practise. People of respectable standing or so called scholars should be very careful in mentioning their personal opinions in public. Ignorant people value the opinions of the "shiekhs" or "scholars" and will happily put it into practise at the expense of the innocent and the weak/helpless. There would be no confusion in the minds of the people if scholars withheld their personal opinions and spoke only of what is clear and unambiguous in Islam.

Brother, I think, I don't have anything to disagree with you as I already pointed out this. Thanks anyway for the clarification.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by ZEA J ZEA J wrote:

Is  he the same "scholar"who said it is ok for muslim women in UK to leave their homes whithout hijab to avoid harasement,after the london bomb attack?
My brother, this not a logical way of looking at the issue. Everyone has some weaknesses and no one is perfect. However, it doesn't imply that everyone is wrong, all the time. Isn't it? We, therefore, must look at each issue case by case and then comment accordingly rather than developing "impressions".
Begbie View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 3:32pm

This is what I call wastage of time simply because people forget what they wrote and don't want to reconcile if they err. Kindly show us where did Sheikh Qardawi says "It is Shariah" as what you told us concerning him?
I agree my initial assertion that qaradawi said it was sharia is in errror. However, I was trying to stress that the statement I quoted was attributed to qaradawi. The emphasis was on qaradawi's statement not that it was sharia.

Even so with the "personal" opinon of Shiekh, it is clearly an optional thing�for those who don't want to go for it.
It doesn't seem optional to the young girls who suffer with this practice. So I don't agree it is optional.

Edited by Begbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 7:41pm

AhmadJoyia wrote:
Even so with the "personal" opinon of Shiekh, it is clearly an optional thing for those who don't want to go for it.
It doesn't seem optional to the young girls who suffer with this practice. So I don't agree it is optional

O my dear brother, why is there so much difficulty to understand a basic issue. Here is another statement from the link you have provided by anothor Islamic scholar on the same issue "Because there is no absolute proof from the sources of Islam prescribing female circumcision, the vast majority of scholars do not include it in the OBLIGATORY rituals of Islam." If you don't find it, here is the link

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamO nline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=111950354582 6

Look under "Female Circumcision: Is It Really Obligatory? " to reach the above stated link from your provided webpage. Hope this shall pin the issue down, once for all. Inshallah.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic