IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is using grocery coupons Halal?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is using grocery coupons Halal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 9:46am

As-Salaam Alaikum,

Sister Maryah if hadn't asked that question you probably would've walked around believing that using coupons is haram.  There are some ignorant muslims on the planet so keep asking questions if something sounds strange to you. No matter how stupid it sounds.  Remember the saying: "No question is a stupid question."

Hakeema

Edited by hakeema
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 10:16am
I am not upset with you Maryah, I am a convert too. I am frustrated at the lengths some Muslims go to point out what is haram and will go to any extreme to find a scholar that agrees with them. I will say what I have said before, Islam started as a simple religon. To teach people to follow Allah and be good. To pray, fast, be kind and have high morals and be charitable. The Quran is very clear on how to be a good Muslim. Now why to we go to GREAT trouble to debate every detail and continually find new things that we can make haram. I don't really think things like eating standing up or sitting down, covering your water or not, using silverwear or eating with your hands, sitting on the floor or on a chair,how you cut your watermelon, if you have short or long hair, what color you wear outside the house(some say you should only wear black or dark colors), ect ect matter at all.  We as Muslims are so bogged down in these things and not the things that are important!!!! As a new Muslim people told me all kinds of stuff was haram and my Husband told me to put on a filter and ignore people. That is what I have done and I figure it out myself, I try to find the answer that seems most reasonable and logical. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 9:42pm

Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

I am not upset with you Maryah, I am a convert too. I am frustrated at the lengths some Muslims go to point out what is haram and will go to any extreme to find a scholar that agrees with them. I will say what I have said before, Islam started as a simple religon. To teach people to follow Allah and be good. To pray, fast, be kind and have high morals and be charitable. The Quran is very clear on how to be a good Muslim. Now why to we go to GREAT trouble to debate every detail and continually find new things that we can make haram. I don't really think things like eating standing up or sitting down, covering your water or not, using silverwear or eating with your hands, sitting on the floor or on a chair,how you cut your watermelon, if you have short or long hair, what color you wear outside the house(some say you should only wear black or dark colors), ect ect matter at all.  We as Muslims are so bogged down in these things and not the things that are important!!!! As a new Muslim people told me all kinds of stuff was haram and my Husband told me to put on a filter and ignore people. That is what I have done and I figure it out myself, I try to find the answer that seems most reasonable and logical. Peace

Love to you sis! I know what you mean, as I am left handed and am told to do all good things with my right hand! When I was young, they told me I could not write with my left hand, My mother fought them and won! Point well taken!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Apex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 2:19pm
The topic heading should be in the humor section....LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic