IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PLEASE HELP!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 5:29am

Salam Dear Sister(JR)

LEAVE HIM!!!!!! listen to me, he is sick. Insha�llah you will get a better husband. If you don't have children -LEAVE before you get pregnant,,, I'm telling you this guy is far from being a muslim husband...

Rose View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 10:52am

Salaams,

I am very upset reading this thread, I can only pray for you and may Allah (swt) guide to the right decision.

But, I do agree with ummsaleh

A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom
J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 11:25am
Assalamu Alaikum,

I hear what you're all saying. I do feel though that since we're apart I
should not divorce him until I at least spend time with him again. We're
not legally married yet, we just had the nikah. We had planned on having
the legal wedding when I moved out there. I told him I'd try coming out
there but that I do not wish to have the legal wedding until I'm sure about
everything and that I do not want to give myself to him again until I feel
he's learned from his mistakes and is ready to be a Muslim husband and
one who compleetely loves me. I told him if I feel this is not the way it's
going then I will move out and start over again. I have to leave this
apartment anyway because someone else has already signed a sub-lease
and the living expenses are higher where I am anyway. The imam out
there knows what's going on and is supportive of me. I know I'll be able
to go to him for help as well. I just don't know if the distance so soon
after marriage caused his feelings to be confused. I know he would never
force himself on me if I move out there. I know I can not risk bringing a
child into the picture until we're both 100% sure of things and I won't
allow that risk to happen. I am still praying so hard for the right thing to
do. I know I'll have my disability money and I can reapply for food
stamps out there until I find a job. insha Allah. I do feel I'll have the
courage to move out and start over if I feel it's not working but I'll never
be 100% clear in my decision until I'm face to face with him again.

Peace,
J.R.
Smile
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 5:53pm
Salaam J>R> you are taking a big risk sister, and even though you are not married in the court, you are married in front of Allah. And your husband has commited adultery. Just be honest with yourself. If you want to give him a chance, thats your choice. But don't get your expectations up that he will change. You can pray until the end of time for someone, but if they don't see thier own faults and repent it doesn't matter. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
liyala View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liyala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 11:14pm

Dear J.R

Think very carefully BEFORE you meet him again. By his conduct so far it doesn't seem like he is a practicing muslim:

1. he has been far too intimate and free with a woman outside of marraige
  2. he has lied (by omission) to her
  3. he has continued his relationship while he has been married to you (adultery)
  4. he has deliberately hurt you by continuing the immoral behavior, almost flaunting it in a way 
  5. you admitted that he would not have been as forgiving of you if the situation had been reversed

why dear sister do you want to stay with this "non-muslim" and jeopardize your faith and your self-esteem further?

liyal.a
J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 2:18am
Wassalam,

I totally agree with those points. But shouldn't I at least divorce him fact-
to-face with the Imam there that I talked to? I can't divorce him while
he's in one city and I'm in another. I'm just so confused and I've been
praying so hard for clarity.

J.R.
Smile
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 2:57am

J.R. 

I'm not going to advise you one way or another, but I will give you this advice.  If you can, take out a Visa Card before you leave.  Keep it clean and active.  Take your American Passport and Papers and lock them where he cannot get them when you get there, preferrably with the Visa.  I used to work in a domestic violence shelter and the worst victims were women who had been cutoff from any escape route.  I'm concerned about you being blind in a foreign country with no family to fall back on.  Learn your way to the American Consultate and don't be afraid to run.  From what I understand this man is simply unfaithful, but you don't seem to really know him all that well.  Just protect yourself with an escape plan.  You many never need it, and hopefully, it will never come to that.  But, its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  If you cannot get a Visa Card, try to get some cash that you can throw in a Safe Deposit Box or something.  And, I'll keep you in my prayers too. 

Angie

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 3:05am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

J.R. 

I'm not going to advise you one way or another, but I will give you this advice.  If you can, take out a Visa Card before you leave.  Keep it clean and active.  Take your American Passport and Papers and lock them where he cannot get them when you get there, preferrably with the Visa.  I used to work in a domestic violence shelter and the worst victims were women who had been cutoff from any escape route.  I'm concerned about you being blind in a foreign country with no family to fall back on.  Learn your way to the American Consultate and don't be afraid to run.  From what I understand this man is simply unfaithful, but you don't seem to really know him all that well.  Just protect yourself with an escape plan.  You many never need it, and hopefully, it will never come to that.  But, its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  If you cannot get a Visa Card, try to get some cash that you can throw in a Safe Deposit Box or something.  And, I'll keep you in my prayers too. 

Angie

What an action?,where are the helicopters and the dobermans?...i loved that thread...can i take a role?...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic