IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Husbands Helping out?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Husbands Helping out?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 11:13am
The problem is many men don't and even when their wife is ill or tired they don't help out without being begged or asked. I am sorry to say that many of my American or other ethnic friends husbands are far more hands on at home than my Muslim friends husbands. They just come home from work and don't move from the sofa(my husband is not like this). When we go to the park in the evening we see the chinese, americans and others teaching thier sons and daughters to roller skate, ride bikes, play sports and swim. Where are most of the Muslim dads? At home waiting for thier wives to serve them tea. This is not everyone, but most of the people around here. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 6:08pm
I only say this because I expect more from a muslim father than a non muslim one, they should be a better husband and father. That is what our religon says. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:19am

My sister is not Moslem but this is what happened to her..

She was 8 months pregnant. She asked her husband for help to do laundry (the laundry is downstairs). He said sure. So he takes the clothes and throws them down the stairs! I think that sometimes some just don't get it.   I grew up in a house where chores and things were just seen as something that needs to get done, no matter what the gender. Dishes, cleaning, moving the lawn etc. No, not much fun at times but necessary. As they say Just do it.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

Salaam sisters, I was wondering how you all feel about your husbands helping around the house. Before I got married I made it very clear that I would not do all of the housework and child care myself and my husband agreed. 

That is the reason, I feel sorry for your husband. You are too lazy or too inept. Either way, your husband should not have married you. Women from other cultures don't make such fuss.

Edited by ZamanH
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 4:55am

Assalamu alaikum,

Just a reminder:

1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are requested to maitain the deorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke, or casual statement which the moderators find insensitive, may result in edition or deletion.

2. A generally pleasant demeanor and cordiality in language is requested during discussions.

10. We will not tolerate personal attacks on participants from ANY Community (personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion). Furthermore, any insults intended to ANY religion or ANY prophet of God, or ANY holy scripture shall be removed.

Brother Zaman, your above post clearly contains a personal attack.   Let's all try harder to keep the conversations respectful.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Rose View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 5:01am

Salaam,

"personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion"

Yes sis ummziba, you are right, thanks for pointing that.  We know eachother now because of our comments, probably more than if we were to see eachother face to face.

Peace

A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 6:07am
Sister Rose and Brother Zamanh, you have now pushed me off this board. I have found another place where people can express opinions without being insulted. You have insulted a sister who was speaking up for what is right in Islam. A husband is supposed to help his wife or provide a maid, search it on Islamiccity and you will see. Pople here complain about the non muslims making nasty comments, well you all are no better. And brother Zamanh I work much harder than my inlaws in pakistan and do 80% more housework than they do. They would never do the things I do and have many maids, drivers and gardeners. If they came here they wouldn't last very long!!!! You make are truely the most miserable excuse for a Muslim man I have ever encountered, and Rose for you to stoop to his level says something about you as a woman.Goodbye, off to better places. P>S>Ever wondered why there are so few people on this board, could it be the members who push out those who have any differing opinion, I think so!!!

Rose View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 6:11am

Yes yes jenni...

You don't get it, do you?

Rose for you to stoop to his level says something about you as a woman.

A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic