IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim Woman Pleads Guilty  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim Woman Pleads Guilty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Mystical Mystical wrote:

It is a fact that the majority who practice honor killing is predominantly from and in Muslim countries.

What are you saying, because it happens more there that it must be islamic? Haven't we told you that its a tribal thing and not religious and that it happens to others who are not muslim.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Mystical View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

It is a fact that the majority who practice honor killing is predominantly from and in Muslim countries.

What are you saying, because it happens more there that it must be islamic? Haven't we told you that its a tribal thing and not religious and that it happens to others who are not muslim.

If it was a "tribal thing" it would also then Christian nations would also be infested just as much as Muslim nations are with senseless honor killings. However this is OFF TOPIC and this topic here is more a crime of passion rather than honor killing.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 10:33pm
go to the thread I think Shanta's Aunt created in general.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Mystical View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

What if a husband finds his wife in bed with another man and kills her in a fit of jealousy and anger would you say this type of killing is justified?

It is not justified.

This question was put to Israfil which HE chose to ignore and I believe he chose to ignore it because he would justify it. But because it's a woman he chooses to condemn her outright as if it was a simple case of murder.

I still stand by what I said. The woman who killed her husband deserves compassion and understanding as a man would need understanding and compassion if he was in the same situation. However this is not a situation a man will find himself in as Muslim women can marry only one.

Um, Mystikal did you see what I wrote?

I said:  If a wife commits infidelity and her husband happens to walk in, and happens to be watching this episode, he is not justified in killing his wife even if he is a witness to her transgression.

Your first response ignored it and no I hadnt seen your second response before I posted up again with my comment....SORRY. So you reckon in this analogy I presented you the husband should "rot in jail" for it? We both agree killing is not justified in either case but I maintain it is not murder (unless as you say it was premeditated...I had not read that it was but even so) it was a crime of passion that one can sympathise with.

But you are correct I probably went to far in saying "GOOD FOR HER!" but it's a woman thing sympathising with another woman's situation. If that was my husband you betcha I would want to kill him but I doubt though I would have the guts to do it.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 12:53am
Mystical:

I can see that you are one of those people who believe what they want to believe no matter what evidence to the contrary is given.  It must be comforting to you to be so secure in your own narrow vision of the world, however, other people might find this offensive since it comes across as very accusative and insulting.

Despite the denials from Muslims and non-Muslims alike on this board, along with postings with links to credible sources that state to the contrary you continue on, even going so far as to condone crimes of passion: "I had not read that it was but even so) it was a crime of passion that one can sympathise with."   which are in fact honor killings as they are known in the west. 
This speaks volumes to me, as I am sure to others reading your posts, about your intentions. Most non-Muslims come here to actually learn about Islam, some come for other more notorious reasons. Such a shame.  However, this is an Islamic discussion forum and I am sure that whatever your religious beliefs and/or cultural leanings, it is still probably considered very rude within your circle to visit someone's home with the sole purpose of insulting them.

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 08 June 2008 at 1:07am
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 6:51am

[QUOTE=Angel][quote=Mystical]It is a fact that the thing" it would also then Christian nations would also be infested just as much as Muslim nations are with senseless honor killings. However this is OFF TOPIC and this topic here is more a crime of passion rather than honor killing.

Refer to Honour Killings in India. India is predominantly a Non-Muslim state. . . and you will find what are called "Stove-Killings" there. Where the Mother-in-law . . .or the In-Laws incl. Husband KILL the bride if she does not bring a big enough dowry with her. Which is ALSO done in the name of honour, because if the family's daughter in law brings a large dowry, it brings honour to the family.

The daughter-in-law is sometimes also killed if she cannot give birth to a Male Heir (even though if its anyones fault, it is the Father's, since he couldnt produce a Y-chromosome.) Which again is in the name of honour.

A lot of times, (again in India , where the pre-dominant religion is Hinduism) the newly born DAUGHER is either Killed. . . or more than often aoborted nowadays . . .because daughters bring dishonour to them. Again an honour-killing. Which is why in India, the male to female ratio is more because of this practise.

You can EASILY find all this info online. Should I be blaming the HINDU RELIGION for acts committed by ppl who give precedance to culture? and thier twisted interpretations of Honour?

ENGLAND: Not so long ago . . .Men would fight duels to 'defend' thier honour if an affair/adultery took place. ATLEAST one death was inevitable during these duels. . . this again was in the name of honour. Just because the 'victim' was a male doesnt mean its not an honour-killing. Although this was against the english law, these duels still took place, and were rampant. Despite being illegal. Niether the religion nor law condoned it.

Edited by Chrysalis - 08 June 2008 at 6:59am
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 6:57am
there are also a number of honour killings in the UK each year.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 7:14am

As Islam does not speak out AGAINST this many in their own Muslim country do so with impunity. 

No "Honour Killings" as such existed at the time of the Prophet, which is why there are no specific verses which condemn it using those words.

There ARE however lots of verses & ahadith that talk about taking a person's life (both male & female) and what a big sin it is. There are also verses which talk SPECIFICALLY about female genocide.

Chapter 81:
AT-TAKWIR (THE OVERTHROWING, THE ROLLING)
Verse 8:

. . . ." When the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned - For what crime she was killed;" . . .

Chapter 5, verse 32:

"if anyone slays a human beingunless it be for murder or for spreading corruption on earth-it shall be as though he had slain all mankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had saved the lives of all mankind"

The above verse refers to men, women, children, muslims/non-muslims alike.
There are also numerous ahadith which talk about the sin of murders, as well as specifically of female genocide.

So don't say that Islam does not speak out against Honour-Killings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic