IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How should a woman rightfully behave?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How should a woman rightfully behave?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 7:59pm
I am saying at the function after the prayer there is no segregation, families are all together eating at big tables. I sit with my friends and thier husbands and kids and we all talk together. I know it is not haram. When I see my friends husband I say AsalaamAlaikum and ask them how they are doing, my friends do the same to my husband. Iknow if they ever had an emergency and thier wife needed help or was sick they could call me and talk if needed. We are living in a society, we need to be social as human beings it is in our nature. And if no one is doing anything wrong we can talk together. Haven't you ever been to a resturant? It isn't segregated unless your in Saudi. What about shopping, do you go to a ladies only market? Or do you lock yourself up at home. What is wrong with going to dinner with your freinds and thier wives and all sitting together, what haram thing can happen? I went to many places and peoples houses while in Pakistan and we were rarely segregated by gender. My husbands friends allways greeted me warmly as my friends too. Nothing is wrong there. That may be your research, but there are many opposing views. Many people live and feel the way we do.. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

There is no where In The Holy Quran that says women are doomed to stay locked up at home so they never come in contact with men.

No, we are not animals. We are precious for Allah and Allah has given us  honour that no human or culture would. Again, who said women cannot go out and should be locked up in the house? going to market, workplace, shopping, beach, friends' house etc are all insha allah necessaryand  permissible. we should see, where there is no fitnah and we are safe and within the limits of islam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:20pm

I am saying at the function after the prayer there is no segregation, families are all together eating at big tables. I sit with my friends and thier husbands and kids and we all talk together. I know it is not haram. When I see my friends husband I say AsalaamAlaikum and ask them how they are doing, my friends do the same to my husband. Iknow if they ever had an emergency and thier wife needed help or was sick they could call me and talk if needed. We are living in a society, we need to be social as human beings it is in our nature. And if no one is doing anything wrong we can talk together. Haven't you ever been to a resturant? It isn't segregated unless your in Saudi. What about shopping, do you go to a ladies only market? Or do you lock yourself up at home. What is wrong with going to dinner with your freinds and thier wives and all sitting together, what haram thing can happen? I went to many places and peoples houses while in Pakistan and we were rarely segregated by gender. My husbands friends allways greeted me warmly as my friends too. Nothing is wrong there. That may be your research, but there are many opposing views. Many people live and feel the way we do.. Peace

Nothing is wrong Insha Allah in greeting males and talking to them about things like "how are you, etc". Or going to a market where the salesman is a male. Just because there is no segregation in pakistan or elsewhere, does not make it permissible. majority arent always right sister...

Nothing haram can happen in public ....but read this: (posted already)
Abu Usayd al-Ansari narrated that he heard Allah�s Messenger (May peace and blessings be upon him) say to the women on his way out of the mosque when he saw men and women mixing together on their way home:
Give way (i.e., walk to the sides) as it is not appropriate for you to walk in the middle the road.� Thereafter, women would walk so close to the wall that their dresses would get caught on it. Narrated by Abu Dawood

Please can you explain what haram can happen if women walk in the middle of the road?????

It was narrated from Ibn �Umar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Do not prevent your women from coming to the mosques, although their houses are better for them.�
please would you interpret this hadith?

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:23pm
Thier houses are better for them to pray, that is all that means.
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:27pm

I went to many places and peoples houses while in Pakistan and we were rarely segregated by gender.

again that is cultural! where i come from , there is no segragation in my "culture".

Edited by amah
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:30pm
Give way (i.e., walk to the sides) as it is not appropriate for you to walk in the middle the road.�

what about this hadith jenni????
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:39pm
I understand this to mean that out in the streets with strange men it is better to not walk in the middle of the road or the middle of the crowd but to avoid it and keep to the side. And this makes logical sence. If I am in a crowd of people and men I will try to stay on the outside of it. Peace
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:50pm
My dear sisters, I am a woman , I feel what you feel. Even if I err, I want to err on the side of caution, all I am trying to do is follow the quran and sunnah. Read adn pray to Allah to give us Hidayah.

Here is a collection of some relevant ayahs and hadith, ....please ponder over them...please cross check elsewhere if you have any doubts.

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), �I have not left behind me any fitnah (temptation) more harmful to men than women.� Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5096; Muslim, 2740.

Ruling on men looking at women:
It is haraam because Allaah has commanded the believers to lower their gaze. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

�Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts)�

[al-Noor 24:30] 

This was also enjoined by His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It was narrated that Jareer said: I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about a sudden accidental glance. He said, �Avert your gaze.� Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Nikaah, 1836; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, no. 1880.

Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)said, �O �Ali, do not follow one glance with another, for you are allowed the first but not the second.� (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, al-Adab, 2701; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, no. 2229).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Beware of sitting in the street.� They said, �We have no alternative; that is where we sit and talk.�  He said, �If you insist on sitting there, then give the street its rights.� They said, �What are the rights of the street?� He said, �Lowering the gaze and refraining from causing offence�� (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2333; Muslim, 2121).

same applies for women...."And tell the believing women to lower their gaze....." (An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #31)

===================================================

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

�And let those who oppose the Messenger�s (Muhammad�s) commandment (i.e. his Sunnah legal ways, orders, acts of worship, statements) (among the sects) beware, lest some Fitnah (disbelief, trials, afflictions, earthquakes, killing, overpowered by a tyrant) should befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them�

[al-Noor 34:63]

====================================================

�It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error�

[al-Ahzaab 33:36]

==================================================

�Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned�

[al-Baqarah 2:286]

========================================================

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Whoever seeks to be chaste, Allaah will make him chaste, and whoever seeks to be independent of means, Allaah will make him independent of means, and whoever strives to be patient, Allaah will make him patient�� (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1400)

Salaam alaykum!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic