IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Husbands Helping out?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Husbands Helping out?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 4:49pm
Perhaps the behavior which you ladies mention is a cultural thing.... All men differ and all men act differently in acccordance to their culture how Zaman replies perhaps is in accordance to how he was raised. We are all products of our environments.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 6:17pm

Bismillah,

Lamees, it is a hard thing, and many difficult steps to go through, but she needs to go report this abuse.  At least take pictures to have proof.  She need not act on it now.  Don't tell him she has pictures.  Give copies to a friend. 

In many places beaten women and children go to the top of list for housing.  Have her fill out an application just in case.  Tell her she doesn't have to act on it unless she feels like it when they offer her free housing.

I was and am influenced by my culture.  It is our jihad as Muslims to struggle against weakness and wrong behavior always.  If we have failed a hundred times, we might succeed on try 101.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 12:55am
I want to say something about maids&wifes and husbands...

When Hz. Fatimah went to ask for a maid from our Prophet (saw), (because she was so tired to making so many things by her hand and her hands were in poor condition.) He said (sav) he couldn't give her a maid at these moment because the "suffah"* was so poor even He (sav) couldn't find something to give them to eat. So He (sav) teached his daughter and Hz. Ali some duas to decrease their tiredness.

Our prophet (sav) didn't tell her daughter; "you have no right to ask for a maid! You have to do your house job yourself even you need one!"

So i understand from this; Women can ask for a maid (or more than a maid) if they need help and if their husbands can afford it.

I am living in a 1 bedroom flat withouth children, i am not working and elhamdulillah i haven't got any excuse as ilness to ask for a maid. I am cooking for my husband while i'm cooking for myself, i am doing his laundry while i'm doing for myself.  He eats what i cooked, he wears what i washed. (actually what the washing machine washed:))

So if i ask for a maid he will ask if am crazy or not:)

But i can't think myself with seven children, a big house and family dinner once a week.. Sister needs help and i think her husband can afford this. There is no blame to having maid for someone like this sister.

Some of you say; husband doesn't work to get money spend for maids.

However husband should spend on his wife(s) related to his earnings. If he earns much, he should give enough pocket money to her wife. So she has right to spend this money whatever she wants (staying in halal of course)

And every money spending on his family by husband means "sadakah".

So if the woman needs some help, and husband has a maid when he can afford this it's not throwing money on the street, it's a sadakah i think...

*Al-Suffah was the abode of the Migrants who had no dwelling in Medina. They used to sleep in the Mosque, until they could find work within the community of Medina. Thus, whoever found a job would leave Al-Suffah and buy a home for himself. So, the number of the People of Al-Suffah, sometimes decreased and in some other times increased until it reached six hundred Companions. The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to sit with them and let them eat and drink with him. A Companion would host one or two of the People of Al-Suffah and feed them in his house. They used to bring bunches of date and hang them from the ceiling of the sunshade.

Edited by Henna
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 4:51am

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Perhaps the behavior which you ladies mention is a cultural thing.... All men differ and all men act differently in acccordance to their culture how Zaman replies perhaps is in accordance to how he was raised. We are all products of our environments.

So, this means the Culture is an excuse to ignore the religion?

Lameese

kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 5:44am

Yay Lameese! You go Girl!

Kim...

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 6:29am
Originally posted by well well wrote:

Angel stated: 

�Husbands helping out? Yes, they should, its not exactly going to hurt them  

If you're going to share a life to together, live in one house and maybe kids, then isn't it fair that both share the household tasks? and swap occassionally also?�

And of course Angel�.. I agree husbands have a duty to help out, and yes nothing wrong with spicing up the mundane, by alternating tasks. Excuse me if I am been somewhat idealistic, but if you love your partner wouldn�t you take satisfaction in pleasing them?    

Yes you are being idealistic

but if you love your partner wouldn't you take satisfaction in pleasing them ? Well, yes and no - Not to the point of babying them! The household belongs to both, both pitch in and take care of the house, not just one member, And if kids are around then when they are old enough then they will pitch in too.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 2:02am

Hi, Jennie pointed out to me that other day that in case of divorce, for example, in Islamic societies the man gets the house. 

Therefore the house really ONLY belongs to him.

So let HIM do all the cleaning. Or ask his wife to help (NOT do it all)

Kim...

ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 2:31am

Sister Henna,

Excellent post.

Lost somewhere in the Middle East.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic