IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim sister in need of advice  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim sister in need of advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim sister in need of advice
    Posted: 02 August 2005 at 4:56pm

I thank those who have offered advice on my last question about the two muslim brothers i am dealing with. I continue to asked for more advice so that i may keep my mind going the right way.

The thing with the muslim brother who is locked up is that i cannot commit anymore sin out of wedlock which is good. At the same time we can get to know each other without temptations. We have a daughter together who will be 10yrs old this month. He also is teaching me Quran and arabic and also helping me on my school major in Business. He wants to help me in staying focused which he does when i commit myself to him. He also wants to marry me when he comes home in 4yrs. I agreed to this because i myself still have to be right before i let a man take me for his wife. That i am working on inshaallah now. I am trying...

The thing with the brother i am around more now is that he just became muslim and is interested but is not really giving himself the time make it priority to learn.  he has hurt me continuously in the past and still by doing little things here and there. He is not A communicater and i believe is very secretive. He likes to drink and well i know people have their flaws. He is medically intelligant and all around bright although he has proven to be a bit of a coward. I still have strong feelings for him. How can I not we just had a baby together 6 months ago and were together for 3 yrs. I love him but really dont want to marry him,but sometimes I feel like Im stuck with him. I dont like this feeling. He helps me finacially. I just hope i am not unconsiously dealing with him because of the finance part. Because that has never been me. I dont know what to do!!!!

I am ashamed of having 3 children out of wedlock, i beat myself up all the time. I wish I  was stronger than I am. I dont have many muslim friends maybe only 2 but I speak to 1 of them on the regular. She is new to islam. So I need to be an example to her I dont think Im doing a very good job.  :(

Please can someone relate or at least tell me a way of strength...Inshaallah..

-Striving for PATIENCE

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:05pm
Patience, a man is not the solution. You need to get your head straight and stay away from men for a while. Try to maybe go to college, get as much financial aid as possible, food stamps, housing ect. And stay away from men until you figure it all out. Then maybe you can meet a guy who has his sh*t together and get married before having a relationship. And if you don't meet a guy, hey its not the end of the world. Devote your life to your kids and being a better Muslim. Let me tell you my mother in law was widowed at the age of 29 she had 3 kids and never remarried and never had any other man in her life. She is pious and has her family and grandchildren. A man is not the only solution. Be strong sister, and stay away from weak men and sorry to say, keep your clothes on. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Rose View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:12pm

Salaam,

Originally posted by patience patience wrote:

Please can someone relate or at least tell me a way of strength...Inshaallah..

Pray.....inshallah you will find peace and strength

A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom
Patience View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:39pm

Thank You. Rose- U are right. I do need to keep away. that is what i am trying to do. I am not starting anything new. I am just trying to keep my distance from my 6month olds, father. It is hard he lives right around the corner and only moved there to be closer to us. We argue all the time. I am currently enrolled in school i start my classes Aug 29th. I am trying to get into reading more and I also will be taking arabic and islamic study classes, inshaallah. This encouragement believe it or not is coming from the one locked up. We have always been friends He has been behinde bars for 9yrs now. I am not dealing with men and do not plan to, but I am trying to not continue with the one closer to me. This is why I I am thankful that u are talking to me and answering my posts. It is motivating me. I thank Allah(swt) for allowing me this time.

Oh by the way. I am keeping my clothes on.    :-)

Patience View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 6:14pm

Thank u Jenni that goes for u too. Right now I am not reciving any income but through one of my childs father. I do not plan to return to work until she turns one. So the beginning of next yr I will be working again. I only took off to take care of my child, for I do not trust anyone with my baby except my family and they all work too. My daughters father, I dont really think is capable by himself. which is understandable he just needs assistance.

I am striving to be A better muslim woman so that when it is my turn to be married I can not only make my husband happy, but I will most importantly please Allah(swt) with everything I am and become.

I admit I need help and need to learn more patience and also eliminate the laziness. It is really hard though. Inshaallah it will come easier.... Thank you so much

MayPB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 7:09pm

Patience,

Just logged on and saw your post. Have you contacted a social worker in your area?

MayPB

ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 1:08am

Patience,

At least you feel sorry for what you have done in your past, Remember Allah is most forgiving and most merciful. Insha�llah allah will open up for you and make things easy. Can you get financial help from the mosque?

Lost somewhere in the Middle East.
Lehua View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lehua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2005 at 11:48pm

Assalamu alaikum sisters,

The only adive that I can offer is that you need to belive in your self that you can make the right decision and stick to the right decision.  You are strong enough to keep away from men, you are strong enough to raise your childern and go to school/work.  Allah (swt) does not give us trials that we cannot overcome.  Find strenght in the knowldege that Allah(swt) knows you can make it through this, IF you ask Him for guidence and forgiveness.  The feelings of loneliness is the result of being far from Allah(swt), during these times you should pray and thank Allah(swt) for eveything that you do have, ie. children, a place to stay, food on your table, a loving/caring family.  Insallah, if it is good for you, I hope you will marry.

Lehua

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic