IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - abortion  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

abortion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: abortion
    Posted: 23 December 2005 at 7:08am

salam,

I have been married for 1 year 4 months,  and was seperated  for 1 week, recently (we have been back together for 2 weeks. now) I just found out I was pregnant it's 2-3 weeks, we are not a stable relationship we both are not happy, and thought we would give the realtionship one last try..............and now this. normally this would be a blessing but in this case I hate it, think it is only going to cause more problems.  When is a abortion o.k?  how soon can one be done with out taking a soul?

need some advice,

thank you

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2005 at 7:42am

Leen,

Have you thought about adoption?  I personally suffer from infertility and though the child would be a burden on you and your spouse.  There are thousands of couples like my husband and I who would jump at the chance to raise the child.  I mean to be gentle in saying that life has already begun and abortion is really a hard subject for a number of people.  I understand cases of incest, rape and when the mother and infant will die.  But, if you cannot raise the child.  Please consider letting a woman who cannot have her own give your baby a loving home. 

Also, if you are worried about financial stress.  There are programs like Baby Your Baby and the Healthy Baby Initiative that can help you get Doctor's appointments and get help from places like WIC.  That's if you're in the United States.

There are other options.  Family adoption is another one.  Sisters, Cousins, etc. 

Pray to God for Guidance and see what you feel in your heart. 

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2005 at 7:57am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Buismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum Leen,

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I am sorry to hear about your unstable relationship. May you be able to work it out with your husband, thru wisdom and understanding, insha allah.

Though abortion is permited under certain circumstances - ie when the mother's life is in danger, it should not be in your case. Better if you consult a scholar.

As to the second part of your question, one can abort the foetus before 3 months of gestation.

This is not to undermine Angela's beautiful proposal, but it would be better for both you and your husband to reconsider. Many times relationships get a new perspective with a new arrival

All the best!

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2005 at 8:20am

My proposal was only to offer options if they cannot handle the baby Nausheen.

My fear is women too often think abortion is a quick and easy answer.  People never discuss the other options, especially here in the US for fear of "offending" someone who is Pro-Choice. 

They forget part of being Pro Choice is choosing to NOT have the abortion and so they fail to discuss what to do if you can't go through with it.

I hope the months of the pregnancy bring stability to the couple.

To quote a friend, since I do not have one of my own.  She says, "You never love your husband more than the day they put your child in your arms for the first time and you look into his face and see your husband's eyes."

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2005 at 11:16am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

click on the follwoing links

When it is permitted to have an abortion

the following is from the view of a person adopting a child not giving him up but i thought it may be of interest.

What is the fiqh of adopting a child?
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Muslim Friend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2005 at 11:01am

You are not allowed an abortion if its not threatening your life. Besides - i can only put this in one way - if you were unhappy - i would have thought contraception would have been a better preventative than considering abortion as a cure.

Its now your responsibility. I have no sympathy for you. Its something you should have thought through before.Sorry if i sound harsh.

O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
candor View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2005 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Muslim Friend Muslim Friend wrote:

You are not allowed an abortion if its not threatening your life. Besides - i can only put this in one way - if you were unhappy - i would have thought contraception would have been a better preventative than considering abortion as a cure.

Its now your responsibility. I have no sympathy for you. Its something you should have thought through before.Sorry if i sound harsh.

Despite our differences, I liked your post the most in this thread. You will surely be/are a good mother.

Courage is not absence of fear.
Smoking is injurious to health.
Bigger is the gun, smaller is the brain.
Intelligence=Knowledge+Imagination.
Amina16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amina16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2005 at 10:21am
i believe that abortion is not an option.  last year in speech class we had to do a persuasive speech and i chose to do it on abortion.  When i was researching it i ran to a site that showed the babies after abortion.  it was so heartbreaking i cryed when i saw it.  why would anyone want to do this to a baby.  i mean when u were in ur mom's stumach i bet she never thought about getting rid of u.  So why than r u thinking of getting rid of ur unborn child.  How will ur child if u agree to have him or her feel when u told him/her that u considered getting rid of Him/her?  How would u feel if ur mom told u this?  
"Words have Power" ex: The Quran
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic