IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Chocolate, I love it and hate it!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chocolate, I love it and hate it!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chocolate, I love it and hate it!!
    Posted: 07 February 2006 at 9:31pm

Salaam all, I would like to ask all you sisters if you share one of my love hate relationships with chocolate? I love it, then I hate it. Why you ask? Well I get a craving for it after banning it from my home for a few weeks. Then I think while shopping at the market"Hey, I'm a perfectly rational adult, why can't I have chocolate in my house? I'll just buy some and eat a little at a time, after all chocolate is good for me, full of antioxidants." Then the evil stuff makes its way home with me and calls me from the pantry. I try to ignore it, but I know its there and I really want to eat it. So I give in and eat just a little, tonight is was some hersheys dark miniatures. One or two. But I am not satisified so I go back for more, just a few more. After gobbling up 7 or 8 mini bars I am now wired and sick to my stomach. All the caffine will keep me up late and I HATE CHOCOLATE AGAIN!!! It is now banned from my house again, at least for now.

p.s.(this is meant for humor and I am making fun of myself, so please don't turn it in to a religous matter. This post is meant to make you smile only)

You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 12:45am

Assalamu Alaikum

Sister Jenni, I can completely relate.  However, I have found that more expensive brands of chocolate are more satisfying so I don't tend to eat as much.  Yes, cheap chocolate leaves me wanting.  So, if I go to the nice littel chocolate shop up the street and buy only a couple of pieces of better quality chocolate; I'm a lot happier and can keep the "love" in my relationship with chocolate.  Also, don't forget that the benefits only come with eating the dark chocolate. 

Sometimes in order to get my chocolate fix, I simply add coco to my coffee in the morning.  I know it sound a bit crazy but it is actually very good especially if you add a bit of cinnamon to it too.  I don't drink coffee every day and I never drink more than a cup so I don't feel so guilt adding some coco to it when I do.

Oh, and btw, I simply don't get people who don't like chocolate...LOL  I call coco Allah's natural antidepressant. 

Allah Hafiz,

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 5:20am

Assalamu alaikum,

Ah, chocolate....my relationship with it is l love it, I love it (even when I over indulge I tend to hate myself, not the chocolate  ).  I remember reading a survey once that said most women surveyed prefered chocolate to sex, tee hee  !!!  Really, it is rare to find a woman who does not at least like chocolate, most LOVE it..

I am all for healthy eating, and I firmly believe that chocolate is definitely a part of a good, healthy diet .  Of course, as with everything else, moderation is the key - except of course during that time of the month when hormones rage and demand chocolate in payment for sanity , a few extra pounds is little price to pay for such lovely piece of mind.....

Besides, if you eat your chocolate while going for your daily walk...you can "have your cake and eat it too"  .

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 6:54am

Bismillah,

There's a great special about the origins of chocolate on PBS.  The Aztec ruler was the only one allowed to have the special drink they prepared from it, and his servants used to pour it from one container to another to get it to be frothy on top. 

Don't you feel special now?  The food of kings is ours!

Khadija and Jenni, Naw, I love the cheap stuff whereas the expensive stuff gives me a stomachache.  I think thinking about the price must overwhelm me!  But really, I'm into VOLUME, not quality!  Hee Hee.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 7:34am

I once read a study where chocolate has a chemical in it that we crave at certain times of the month.  It triggers hormones and endorphines that create a physical reaction.  hyper.gif

However, it also causes craps to be worse.  cray.gif

But, being born in Pennsylvania....Hershey Park baby....Disney with CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 9:44am
How about combining chocolate with something like cake, like a dark chocolate triple layer cake with fudge icing. Or chocolate cheesecake, or chocolate covered almonds, espresso beans, or even pretzels. Ahhh the list goes on and on, I do know that chocolate raises seretonin levels which are often lower in women, so maybe thats why we love it more them men!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
mariam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 3:53pm
Asalam alykum

OHHHHHH i could do with some chocolate right now...after an argument with hubby..
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 10:40pm

I miss my hot chocolate

I used to when I was studying library, grab a big hot chocolate every morning part of my breakkie, sip it on the way to school as it was hot, hence hot chocolate  , and then drink while in morning class  

This hot chocolate was made with a difference, can't remember the brand of chocolate but is yummie, but everything was chocolate, the milk was chocolate, the froth was chocolate and then the powdered chocolate on top -YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

At christmas mum got me these delux Lint chocolate, so yummie

I also love choc covered almonds

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic