IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I’m so BORED!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I’m so BORED!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m so BORED!
    Posted: 16 April 2006 at 8:48pm
  I am SO BORED with my life! I love my husband,but I get angrey with him because we NEVER go anywhere,never DO anything.The only time I go out of the house is to buy food.That's it. I desperately want a pet,a cat,or something,but we are planning on going home by this time next year,so it would not be fair to an animal to take it in,love it,only to have to give it up in a year. I'm happy one day,then bored and mad the next. My husband PROMISED me he would take me to the local Araquirium(I love anything from the ocean)a month ago,and has yet to take me. I think I'll go by myself this week! I get mad with my husband,because he said that this year would be a year of sacrafice,him working very hard,so that we can build our dream home,but he isnt working more than a couple of day's a week.He usually stay's up all night watching television and drinking coffee,then sleeps all the day. I dont know,but that sleeping all the day really REALLY irritates me. Especially since I am supporting the both of us,PLUS putting money into savings for our home to be built. If he just had a good job,and went to work every day,I wouldnt start feeling that anger. He has had a hard time being away from our family for the first time ever in his life.I guess we're just both having a hard time. Am I being pety? We've been doing this same routine for the last 3 years!I feel sometimes like I'm about to EXPLODE inside. Our greatest saddness when we came to America,is that we have a relative here who my husband had not seen in 17 years,who we THOUGHT would be loving and kind to us,but instead has been very very mean to us,and who we now do not see because they cause us too much saddness. It's so complicated. I dont know if I can survive ANOTHER year like the last 3.No pets,no home I can call my own,no family,doing nothing all the time....HELP!
Moonie
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 10:41am
Dear DavidC,please clerify the man does, u are an expert on the issue...
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 10:48am

go to the aquarium..  you need a break.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 12:24pm

Bismillah,

The Aquarium sounds soothing to me! 

Many cities have foster pet programs.  You can help a pet find a loving home instead of being euthanized and have something to care for and get your mind off your lonliness at the same time.

Stop waiting for your husband to change when you need to take care of yourself; just do it.  ISA next year things will improve for you.  Do small things now to keep your sanity and your peace in your home as well.  May Allah, SWT, guide and keep you both.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Moona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 8:09pm
Thank you for all your encouragement. I have decieded that I WILL go to the aquarium by myself this week,probably tomarrow,or thursday. He sleeps all day,so he wont even miss me. About fostering pets,my husband just would NOT go for that at all. He grew up with no animals allowed in his home,or in any other families homes.MAYBE a cat,but NEVER a dog or any other animal. I am no longer going to depend on him to do things with me. I had a dog before I reverted and married my husband. She was a beauty.And I loved her dearly,and it broke my heart to have to give her up. She was a 3 year old chocolate Lab I had named Sophie. It's been three years since I gave her to a really great family,but she is still in my heart. That is a question I have about Islam that my husband just hasnt been able to answer.  Is it sin to own dogs?  Anyway,what done is done.I will take control of MY life and will stop sitting home all the time WAITING for him to do something fun with me.Spring is here,and I wont spend it wasting away and not LIVING LIFE! I was so lonely before I got married,I HAD thought that once I married,I would have my husband to go do fun things with.LOL Anyway,thank you all.Dont be surprized though if I continue to need encouragement.  ---Moona
Moonie
Moona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

I dont understand what you mean.Please expand on your post.
Moonie
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 2:40am

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Can a sister or sisters clarify it to us that men also allow to post in here? Well Suleyman I think is a brother. And if this my my post appear than that is the case. Clarification I think would be helpful.

Thanks and salaam.

Edited by superme
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 4:05am

Bismillah,

You could even pet sit and make money at it while you temporarily enjoy a pet.  If he doesn't like dogs, foster a cat or feed a stray outside.  He'd probably go nuts if you got gerbils, but if you keep them in a cage, they can be really sweet creatures.  They are cleaner than birds in that their mess stays in the cage whereas bird feathers and seed hulls get on the floor with birds. (I need to caution that they are really hard to catch sometimes when they get out of their cages and they like to chew wood!)

Look up the post about dogs by typing dogs in the forum search for more information/discussion on dogs and people's views of them in Islaam.  I made a similar choice myself and I often wonder how wise that was!  Hee Hee!  But I have three beautiful children (even though they are messy also!)

Brother Super:  Some sisters do not like male input on certain issues that they post, and I think that would be a good rule to follow:  Don't post on a topic that the topic starter requested only male or only female input.  But then again, when everyone else is doing it, why sholdn't you?  Well, it's just polite, so it would be following an unstated rule. 

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic