IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is using grocery coupons Halal?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is using grocery coupons Halal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is using grocery coupons Halal?
    Posted: 04 May 2006 at 10:34pm

Salaams sisters:

Have another mind bender: I was having a conversation with one of the sisters at the masjid last friday after Jumma and a brother interrupted and stated that Using Grocery coupons is not halal because it is like earning interest and that is Haram..Anyone ever heard of this one?

I actually mispelled the brother when I first posted this as "bother" lol)

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 11:58pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

How is using grocery coupons like earning interest? They are actually the same as money. There is no interest involved. You aren't earning a percentage of the savings, the manufacturer is paying the grocery store the amount of the coupon that you don't pay.

Often when I buy Islamic clothing or books online they give me coupons or certificates to get 10% or 15% off of my next order.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 2:30am
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Often when I buy Islamic clothing or books online they give me coupons or certificates to get 10% or 15% off of my next order.

Does that mean they earned 10% or 15% extra the first time?!

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Using Grocery coupons is halal because it is like earning interest and that is Halal..Anyone ever heard of this one?

Did you mean Haram?
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 4:39am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Hadith of Ad-darqutni on the authority of Abu tha'labah, Sayyidina Muahammad (saw) said, 'Allah Azza wa Jal has imposed certain moral obligations, do not abolish them; He has forbidden certain things, do not indulge in them; He has laid down certain limits, do not transgress them, He is silent on certain matters, do not knowingly argue over them.

there is another hadith i have read in tafsir of ayaat of Haj rulings that when the Ayaah about performance of Haj was revealed and Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) was telling it to muslims that Haj is incumbent upon whoever can make a journey to the House of Lord, one of the sahabi (ra) got up and asked is it made obligatory every year for whoever can afford it, Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) did not answer but when was asked three times, He (saw) said once in life time and if i would have said yes it would have been very difficult for you so do not ask too many questions from your Prophet (saw) like people before you did,

it is also narrated in many places that Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) did not like it when sahabah (ra) asked too many questions bout matters which were left untouched by Allah swt and His Messenger (saw) as this leaves a lineant way for believers to follow and not make deen too hard on every one

wassalam 

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 10:13am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Does that mean they earned 10% or 15% extra the first time?!

I'm thinking 20% to 30% the first time.....

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Using Grocery coupons is halal because it is like earning interest and that is Halal..Anyone ever heard of this one?

Did you mean Haram?

Yes LOL I was sleepy whe I posted that one!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 7:47pm
Is breathing haram? Just wondering.......... It seems we will go to no end in discussing what is haram and halal. Isn't this what the Jews did along time ago and made thier rules so complex that actually God became upset with them??
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic