IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are Good Muslim Men Still Around?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are Good Muslim Men Still Around?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taliyya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Good Muslim Men Still Around?
    Posted: 03 October 2006 at 5:33pm

Sisters,

I'd like your opinions. I have 5 daughters who are still very young but I worry about them finding good husbands. There is a widely held belief out there that there are no good men left, all the good men are married, no man wants to take care of a family anymore, etc. Do you believe this is true or are people just exaggerating?

lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 5:55pm
Taliyya, AssalaamuAlaikum.  People have always wondered about whether or not if there are any good men around.  If your great great grandmother is living, asked her if women worried about this in her day.  Then asked your grandmother and mother the same question.  I personally believe that most things can not happen unless people tolerate it. If there are no good men around then who do we blame?  Do we just blame men?  No.  You can not change what you tolerate.  I understand your concern but sister if we try hard to make ourselves happy, and encourage our friends and family to do the same, then this will ony have a ripple effect on society.  people will stop doing crazy things.  We can only control overselves to a degree.  When we worry  about things that we can not control is only a waste of  our time and is a waste of our life. 

Edited by lady
UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 7:16pm

One must first discern for oneself what entails goodness in a man or a woman.

It is recommended through sunnah of the prophet (saw) to marry one's  daughters to a man of taqwa, for if he does not like her, he will still treat her with kindness.

The times have not yet come insha allah where men having taqwa and khashiya of allah cease to exist.

Train your daughters to be pious muslimas and pray to allah that He sends for them good believing men who would treat them as one should in Islam.

Edited by UmmTaaha
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 10:55pm

interesting topic

lady i like the way u put it by saying that most things cannot happen unless people tolerate it. i never thought about it that way before. in deed your post has now given me food for thought

as to whether there are any good men still around, i guess thats a question of opinion cos everyone has different expectations n different levels of understanding. what appears to me to be a great man could by some elses standards be the worse man ever. so it all boils down to the individual. thats my view

najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 2:09am

Lady, I agree with you 100%

NS

sakeena View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakeena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 5:25pm

I used to think all Muslim men were good and I was safe marrying within my religion. Don't get me wrong, I'll never marry a kafr. But now, after reading all the "horror" (for lack of words) stories, I'm seriously considering signing a prenupual when I do get married. Quite frankly, I'm scared

salaam.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 6:36pm

Insha'allah your daughters will be good women and Allah will bless them to find good husbands.  How are things in Gambia?   Are the men hard-working and religious?  What about the unemployment rate in Gambia?  Are you planning to send your daughters abroad for study when they're older?

najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 1:41am

There are as many mothers of young men who are wondering if there will be "good muslim men" for their sons.

NS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic