IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Husbands Helping out?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Husbands Helping out?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadeem_aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 3:52am
lol Sister Kim!  you have a great way of looking at things!
open View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote open Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 12:20pm

Assalaamu aliakum

There are many Ahadith illustrating how good a deed it is - to free a slave, I don�t believe there are any Ahadith stating that it is just (good) to keep slaves! I think you will find that Prophet Muhammad�s {SAW} wives never had maids; Are they not the mothers of all believing women, and an example for them (in deed)?  

Surah 33, Ahzab

28.        O Prophet (Muhammad SAW)! Say to your wives: If you desire the life of this world, and its glitter, Then come! I will make a provision for you and set you free in a handsome manner (divorce).

29.        But if you desire Allah and His Messenger, and the home of the Hereafter, then verily, Allah has prepared for Al­-Muhsinat (good-­doers) amongst you an enormous reward.

You do not follow the ways of any of the Prophet�s (or their wives) if you choose the luxuries of this world, at the cost of the poor (& the Hereafter).  

Henna stated: �He said (sav) he couldn't give her a maid at these moment because the "suffah"* was so poor even He (sav) couldn't find something to give them to eat.�

I am interested in the source of the above material? Meantime one thing I would like to point out is the kind heart of Prophet Muhammad {SAW} (A Muslim�s role model), as at least he realised that it is unjust to live in any kind of luxury, when the basic necessities of the community are/were not met.

So please justify your greed!     

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 1:05pm

Bismillah,

I like your post, Open.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 1:52pm
Open -prophet Mohammed also helped in the house and sewed his own clothes. He did not sit and wait for his wives to serve him like many men today. The point is if a man has alot of money and doesn't want to help in the house he should provide a maid. If he is poor he should help his wife in the house, since it is his house to maintain.  Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 4:39pm

Good post sister Jenni,

But perhaps saying: >>>>>The point is if a man has alot of money and doesn't want to help in the house he should provide a maid. If he is poor he should help his wife in the house, since it is his house to maintain<<<

However noble your intentions were we shouldn't justify laziness with help there is no justification for no help. If a man sees his wife doing all the work he should want to help as marriage is not one sided. If he is wealthy and he cares about the welfare of his wife and family he would also be the other half in this matter. If he is poor its the same thing. Because even if one has a lot of money and provides a maid he is still lazy and that does not provide a positive message anywa. Yes you have the maid but you still have a lazy husband. If you're poor you're forced to help because you are poor! Sister this example shouldn't justify laziness but I understood your whole point in that men should help their wives. However I put the emphasis on some men are lazy such as some women are lazy.

Edited by Israfil
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 4:54pm
Brother Israfil;

MayPB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 9:54pm

Even if a husband has a maid, it would be a good idea to help out from time to time when maid is off duty (i.e. unloading dishwasher) and ask children to help out as well. Children should see that their dads are empathetic to the needs of their mother in respect for time for herself.

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 10:35am
Maypb and israfil I agree with you both. Some hands on work is good for everyone no matter how rich you are. Even if I had a maid, I still like to cook and the way I do my own laundry so I would still want to do that myself, no matter how rich I was. And my husband likes yardwork and fixing things around the house,  no one should be above manual labor, and after all we never know when we could be poor and have to do a job that would be physical as well.. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic