IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post Partum Depression  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPost Partum Depression

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 8:49am

Muslims need to embrace the tawwasuf in this deen instead of recreating their own sick psychology that is why we are in our condition. It is our minds, our own thoughts, our own feelings, our own naffs- it isn't events or circumstances it's how we as women have chosen to respond to the men who have exceeded the limits Allah warns mankind about.

If they think they can out do Yal-Qaddus, Yal-Aziz, honey, let them be a fool and try.

Nobody owns anything in this world, we don't even own ourselves, we are the property of Allah- we don't belong to men nor do we belong to women, we belong to Allah and were not created for men- that is not our deen, we were created to worship Allah and the Qur'an has made crystal clear what worship is and it has nothing to do with men peroid.

When all Muslims change our sick psychology the status of women will be compaitable with the thealogy of this deen.

If all Muslims could just do these things:

1. Be honest at all times.

2. Honor your agreements at all times.

3. Obey the Prophet pbh when he said a black is not better than a white and a white is not better than a black.

4. Obey the Prophet bph when he said be good to your women folk.

5. Obey the Prophet pbh when he said do not be quick to anger.

6. Obey the Qur'an that advises to seek help in patience and prayer.

If you think about it sisters, allot of the fitnah of men opressing women is because they clearly have dieased heart.

If one does not lie and honors all agreements, Muslim women could seek recourse in their marital agreements but they cant because the brother lies and dishonors the contract.

If one loves the Prophet pbh, than he would love what the Prophet pbh, loved. The Prophet pbh loved women- not only in that human type of way, but he realized the beuaty of our wombs, the beauty of our hearts, and the strength of our minds.

This is what I mean, if people could resolve their character, and integrity issues, we may one day move forward.

Domestic violence

Emotional abuse

Dishonoring agreements

Lying

Slavery

Are serious character and integrity issues. Does anybody understand me here? anybody out there?

Mrs. Dia
UmmAminata View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 8:58am

Hamza Yusuf: He is the one scholar that has strongly put forward that 3 of the 4 madhabs believe that domestic chores are not the responsibility of women. -NAJAMSAHAR

WAHLAH- She is telling the Truth. In his c.d. set " Marriage Rights and Responsibilities" also in his C.D. " Men and Women" and even his tape cassette seerah "Muhammad" he talks about this issue and more, again, again, again, and again.

I love sheik Hamza Yusuf...May Allah bless him and his family. I'm beginning to believe HE MAY BE THE ONLY SCHOLAR in North America who is attacking the problem starting the the mind and the heart hence:

"Purfication of the heart"

" The Poor Man's book of assitance."

That brother is trying to build a healthy community based of this deen not based off of personal prefferences, biases, predjuices, and ignorance. Every Muslim community has and will fail until and unless they build based off deen, ilm, and a good heart.

He is the only brother I've heard discuss how the abusive behaviour of Muslim men affects not just the mental but the physcial well being of women. In one lecture he made a comment about men stressing their wife out so much they were loosing their hair and missing menstrual peroids.

What's so very sad is many brothers who belong to ISNA and ICNA are M.D.'s some OB.GYN's? And yet they still don't get it.

Sisters that why I'm following Dr. Northrup because she respects the wisdom of our minds and our bodies, Sheik Hamza Yusuf also does to, AllahuAkbar May Allah swt really  bless that brother.

Mrs. Dia
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 9:12am
Originally posted by UmmAminata UmmAminata wrote:

Whenever, any moderator makes an attempt to enforce guidelines or busy with handling those who consider themselves cyber missionaries, please stay away from those threads. - Peace Maker

Peace Maker, I can only assume this comment was aimed at me since I am the one who posted the books and links that you are talking about.

I feel that you are lying on me by this statement.  I have never said nor claimed to be a Cyber missionary.  Please find a post where I have stated this? Please point out to me where in any post I have claimed to be a cyber missionary?

You asked for references and I found what I knew of, based off personal experiences of reading and interacting with persons from those websites. Who are you to even imply other wise?

What American, Candanian, or European Islamic orgnaization is going to list Apostates and create a support group for them? Please educate me brother I'm waiting. All the years I've been on this earth, surely I can learn more?

Just becuase I am talking about issues I believe to be important to Muslim women that happens to call for the personal accountability of Muslim men because Allah appointed them as the protectors and maintainers of women?

And furthermore, why isn't there a matured female moderator for the women's section instead of a man? This is exactly what I'm talking about. How can a Muslim man speak for me? Until you give birth brother, I don't need you or any other man advising me on PostPartum depression which this thread was supposed to be about.

It is clear that you have personal problem with me, and now I have one with you, because I feel you are lying on me, and I feel you are trying to determine my intentions which only Allah knows.

Mrs. Dia

Assalamu Alaikum,

UmmAminata:

Here is the entire post by "peacemaker".

Angel:

You are a very senior user here. You have many good posts, but there is problem that I would like to describe to you once again that has existed since rami's period as far as I could see. Maybe you consider that the problem is not as serious to worry about. But, that is your opinion.

Whenever, any moderator makes an attempt to enforce guidelines or busy with handling those who consider themselves cyber missionaries, please stay away from those threads.

This is the last time I am telling you this.

There are many cyber missionaries here at the forum. You may have a look at them, just visit interfaith forum, and look posts over the last one year period alone.

Why will I have anything against you, Sister? Please don�t misunderstand me. Also that while commenting on me, you should have looked at my other posts to get an idea what I stand for on the whole.

Bottom line is that I didn�t say that you were cyber missionary. If you falsely claim that I am lying, you should consider that you are attacking me for no reason.

You created a thread, "visually impaired" in comment section in which you falsely charged me for couple of things ( such as I was harsh whereas I was polite, that I thought you were not real Muslim, whereas I never commented on your religion, that you were visually impaired and wanted me to be sensitive whereas I had no idea that you were visually impaired in the first place and I was only enforcing rules meant for everyone at the forum ) that I didn�t respond there so that the matter cools down. And I hope that you would take it in positive way if I don�t respond.

For your kind information, I have always fought for the rights of women.

As far as my moderation in women�s section is concerned, please contact admin about that, or post in comment section, elsewhere, please don�t use terms such as "no matured female moderator" present in the women�s section. This is insulting and goes against guidelines.

Again, if you have any concern, please post respectfully in the comment section.

Any sexist posts that would create clashes between "men" and "women" such as its all men�s faults or women�s faults etc would be deleted.

Yes, the thread has lost the direction.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic