IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Today I became a Muslim! I think...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today I became a Muslim! I think...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 11:25am

I am proud to say to you As'Salaamu alaikum sister

but the one thing I had to question prior to your conversion was your saying:

"I asked him if he knew of a place that I could to go study Islam and he told me all I needed to do was recite the shahada over the telephone and I am allowed to enter the womans section of the mosque."

Did he say before you can study Islam you had to convert? Or did he even answer any of your questions? Was he attentive to your needs in your curiousity of Islam? You kind of left of some parts and that paragraph kinda drew my attention.

I'm not trying to burts any bubbles here but the last thing I want is someone who is curious of Islam have to convert to Islam with some concerns. Sure, everyone here is happy but again we must be clear on something. A religious institution regardless how noble it sounds still is foreign to us especially if we lack knowledge about it. No person, no Muslim especially has any right to say "You cannot come here unless you are Muslim." Part of our Dawah is to be open to people. I hope I am sister in what I'm conveying here but it kinda sounded like forced conversion. I too am an older revert and it took me almost 2 years to really come to Islam. Even though I believed spiritually in its context I want to wholeheartedly except the truth. The reasons why Islam has lost converts is because people do not come into Islam wholeheartedly but weak in spirit. I hope you can elaborate more sister.

Edited by Israfil
Meedo View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 10:52am

I totally agree with Israfil. This was totally unethical from the employee of the Mosque.

Sister let nobody force you on anything. The prophet PBUH said in an Authenticated Hadeeth " Whatever was taken by the sword of shyness is unlawful"

That means that Nobody can embaraqsse you or force you into any situation or into giving him anything you arent sure about .

Weather you are a muslim or not we love you in Allah and we will always be true to you and be your friends.

May You always have happiness and love and peace and tranquility.

Your brother half way acros the Globe

Meedo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic