IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim sister in need of advice  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim sister in need of advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 9:35pm

I disagree about getting married. There are already chilren under 18 with no father living in the home with Patience so it would be risky to bring yet another relationship to these children. The best thing is to raise these children as a "single mother", responsibly (own it ! ) and ask the Islamic community for some help as far as mentorship for the children, this might be especially helpful as they get older. Being a wife is a responsibility all in it's own, and of course the man will want his own chilren as well. That's my opinion anyways, raise the kids then look for partnership when the last one is out of the house and 18.

Peace

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 3:36am

Bismillah,

Oh, I see your new thread.  Take it easy.  Take deep breaths. (If you start to think sad, lonely thoughts, make yourself take ten slow breaths trying only to think of the breathing until you are finiished.  Sometimes I am so distracted I can only make it to two, but it is a  good goal and helps out really.

Make du'a when prayer is difficult.  When you are lonely, there are many options.  Learn one difficult thing.  Find a focus that helps you that is easy.  I used to wake up during the night in pain with lonliness.  One thing I did that helped was I took a calculator and memorized my times tables very slowly.  This helped my children eventually also.

But you can find a simple thing to distract you that will help.  Distraction works great with kids tantrums too!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 7:15am

Me too, replied in the other thread.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic